Building a Blended Learning Community
Developing a sense of community amongst your learners can improve engagement, satisfaction, achievement and retention.
This workshop shows you how to nurture and maintain a thriving community around your course.
What will you learn?
Part 1: laying the foundations of your community
- Choosing an appropriate platform
- Aligning your community with your learning outcomes
- Planning community activities
- Defining community support roles and responsibilities
- Moving your teaching towards facilitation
- Anticipating and resolving technical issues
Part 2: launching and managing your community
- Introducing your online learning community
- Onboarding and engaging your learners
- Understanding your role as community leader
- Facilitating effective community activities and discussions
- Resolving disputes and differences of opinion
- Harnessing peer support and feedback