Preparing for Blended Learning
If we’ve learned anything through the pandemic, it’s that we have to provide flexible learning.
Designing an effective blended learning experience requires careful consideration of your learners’ needs. It also requires a realistic assessment of your resources.
This course helps you learn you practical tips for developing an appropriate blend of learning activities, and enables you to focus more clearly on successful strategies for maximising student engagement.
What can you achieve in three weeks? Quite a lot, we think. We've designed this short course to help you focus on three essential aspects of effective blended learning:
Week 1: aligning aims with outcomes
- clarifying what your learners have to learn
- anticipating your learners’ diverse needs and prior knowledge
- evaluating your existing resources
- exploring active learning strategies
- creating an appropriate blend of synchronous and asynchronous activities
Week 2: moving from teaching to facilitating
- making students feel welcome
- structuring sessions around questions
- harnessing peer learning through teamwork
- creating a supportive learning environment
- making the most of your resources
Week 3: maximising engagement through community
- choosing an appropriate platform
- defining roles and responsibilities
- onboarding and engaging your learners
- planning and facilitating community activities
- aligning your community with your learning outcomes
- resolving disputes and differences
Got questions? Please send them to us and we'd be very happy to answer them!