Increasing Engagement With Active Learning
Talking at learners won’t work online. But what options do you have for creating interaction?
This workshop gives you a wealth of creative online learning activities to help you make online teaching exciting and engaging for your learners.
What will you learn?
Part 1: active learning strategies
- Flipping your teaching with video
- Extending learning with asynchronous discussions
- Using Padlet to support group research projects
- Creating collaborative presentations with Google Slides
- Developing group mind-maps with Miro
- Harnessing team-based learning
- Creative personal development planning with LEGO
Part 2: minimising barriers to engagement
- Making students feel welcome
- Running a pre-mortem to anticipate difficulties
- Structuring sessions around questions
- Selecting the appropriate tools for you and your learners
- Onboarding your learners effectively